Wednesday, January 20, 2010

All in January

Well, I'm not even going to wonder what we're going to get next. Just this month alone, we've had strep throat, pink eye, & stomach flu (2 different kinds). I don't know why! The blessing is that I was the only one that got strep, Will was the only one that got pink eye, and Miles and I had a stomach flu each. Morgan and Amberlyn have been a bit sick, but nothing too bad. So it definitely could have been worse...always!

We did go to the stock show here inbetween illnesses (Will had been on medicine for 24 hours for the pink eye). The rodeo was a blast, and since we went on a Tuesday, rather then a Saturday, it wasn't packed like normal. I have a picture of the kids on a long horn bull, but need to get it scanned first, and then uploaded. I'll do that another time.

I'm working on our bathrooms. I know Brett is sooooo excited (not!). I've painted the vanities (used to be oak, now they are a rubbed black oak), and have updated the mirrors, and lights. I found some really cheap deals (some free), and couldn't pass it up. I love looking at them, so that's worth it right there...especially when I'm cleaning the toilets.

Tomorrow I have Ms. Lynne coming at 7am for Will, then a presidency meeting at my house at 9am, picking up Amberlyn from the bus, then going to the bank to try and figure out everything from Brett getting his briefcase stolen (a professional did it because they got 3 charges on his credit card before I could cancel it), running to home depot to get a couple of things for the bathrooms, maybe a nap for Will, then picking up kids from school, taking them to taekwondo (Miles is testing for his orange belt on Friday), piano lessons (usually on Tuesdays, but sickness made me change it this week), and gymnastics (1 1/2 hours long!). Brett has a stake meeting that night, so I guess I won't see him...! Just a normal day at the Stuarts (kidding).

1 comment:

Shelli said...

Sorry about your sicknesses! Hope all of you are well soon! I wanted to let you know we loved your Christmas card - your family is adorable. I apologize for not sending you one this year, I thought you lived in Canada, and so I was waiting for your Canadian address! When I saw it was the same one I had in my address book, I couldn't believe how dumb I was. Sorry! I should have just sent you a late one!