Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Stuff

Brett got us a gym pass. It's a pretty amazing place. There are more exercise machines, weight training, free weights, aerobics classes, spin classes, etc, etc, etc then I've ever seen. It's got a swimming pool (for kids too), and a climbing wall, gym, salon, cafe, etc, etc, etc. I think I could about live there...

And all of that is included in your monthly fee, so you can do pretty much anything. So today, me and the 2 kids went, and Will is slowly getting used to being left at the childcare center, so I was able to do whatever for a whole hour. Crazy. It's pretty nice.

Brett has been working overtime (not only for work but to try and help me). I know he's got to be breaking down soon, so hopefully I'll be able to return the favor. He's been traveling more then usual, therefore, having more presentations to prepare and give. Also his own business (Global Agri-trends) has picked up a lot, and taking up whatever spare time he can give it. He gives lots to his calling and just seems to be able to handle it all right now. He's the rock right now.

Will is doing better (pneumonia wise). He's over this last bout, and is working on his walking skills more. He loves to play with things that either stack up, or things that go in something. He'll try to put the large Lego's together, and then pull them apart (one of his favorites), and also loves his "cups" he puts together. He's very cute concentrating on it all. He absolutely loves Amberlyn (they're buddies), and laughs when she's around. She's pretty hilarious with him. He has his favorite "blanky" that helps him through rough spots ("owies", tiredness, away from Mom), and loves Baby Einsteins. Playing the piano is fun, and also climbing up and down off the couch. His very newest thing is to sit on the bottom stair, and then stand up, and sit down again several times. He claps for himself when he's done something great.

Amberlyn is amazing. She does so well playing by herself during the day, but also loves playing with friends, or going places. She has no problem saying goodbye to me when I drop her off at a friends, and thinks she's pretty cool by saying "Oh my goodness!", "Can you believe it?", and "That's amazing!" She's doing well with learning to be the younger sister, as well as the older sister, and knowing how to act each role. She's very sweet with Will, but can stand her own (mostly) with M & M. She's always full of elaborate stories for us to act out. I'm either a grandma, a mom, a witch, the mean queen, and Will is either the little brother, a dog, the prince, or the servant. She's always the princess...

Miles is doing very well at school. He likes the interaction with others, and enjoys learning about the Pilgrims, the body, Columbus, plants, etc. He likes to come home and tell us everything that we should be doing like recycling (he has his own recycling box in his room since we don't do it yet...), and is trying very hard to get us to have a mulch pile. Poor guy, he needs a more organized mom! His strong area is reading/spelling, and can do a third grade level for both. I don't know what to do with him! Also, he's doing well in Math, and they have him visiting other grades to be more challenged throughout the day. If he could build/make things all day, he would be happy. He comes to me with ideas (mom, what could I make with this box? or mom, can I build a boat?), and can't believe it when I say "Go ahead Miles"--he always wants someone to play/create with him.

Morgan is a sweetheart. She is losing her 5th tooth in the last 2 months, and none have grown in yet. She already had a lisp before, but now it's even harder to understand her. It's very cute. She was having a hard time going to school and would cry (and scream) when I would leave her (even when I would leave her at home with Brett). So we bought her a necklace (she picked an angel), and she wears it every day to help her remember I still love her. She's done much better, and even will say, "Mom, you can go as soon as I shut the (van) door." Way to go Morgan! She's catching on to reading now, and is a beautiful color-er. She could be a pianist if I would be more consistant in giving her lessons.

I'm doing mostly the usual! I'm looking forward to spring (I know it's a while)! I can't believe how quickly time seems to go. I've been doing some reading (which I haven't done for quite a while), and when Brett's been out of town, I've rented some fun (and not so great) movies to see. I've had a little fun selling some stuff on Ebay and Craigslist. My main goal this year......to get to Canada!!! I have a bit of a weakness and watch a horrible show "The Bachelor" (I mostly fast forward until the "rose ceremony"), and there's even a girl from Kelowna on there...it's everywhere!!! Brett served some of his mission in Kelowna (I haven't told him to watch Bachelor......he may feel the need to do some of his own preaching to me)!! I also wish we had some snow. Winter just doesn't seem worth it (or any fun) when there's no tobogganing or building snowmen or snow angels.
We are thinking of Brett's dear Grandma who had 2 strokes recently, and is in a care center. I'm so glad Brett got to go see her this week. He has such a strong bond with his grandparents, and I know it's hard when they start having health problems. He said she looked pretty good, and we're just hoping she keeps improving! Our prayers are with Grandpa Stuart too. What a hard time this is for them.

3 comments:

Erin Ann said...

It's great to hear all the updates! Yes, we all need to get together soon. When are you free?

3boysohmy said...

I watch the Bachelor too...It drives Dave NUTS! I was so sad when the cute girl from Canada was sent home, she was my pick! I would be homesick too, Canada looks beautiful. What are you selling on Ebay and Craigslist?

Hoskins Blog said...

Hey: here is when Emily and I are usually at the gym and you are welcome to join us in our classes!!
Monday at 12 (studio 1 total conditioning)
Tuesday at 515pm (studio 1 cardio blast)
Wed at 12 (50-50 sudio 1)
Thu (we dont have a set time this day, we just call and meet usually)
Friday at 930 am (total conditioning studio 2)
Sat. 9 am (studio 1 get there by 840)
We have been going to these classes for a few months, and we love them! Please join us anytime!
Oh-and I love the Bachelor! I think Melissa wins..