Thursday, February 12, 2009

Bullies

I can't believe there are bullies in Kindergarten. Poor Miles has been the one they've decided to pick on recently. So tomorrow I'm going to sneak and watch their recess, and see what's really going on. If it's true, I'm going to have to either fight the kids myself.....or have a talk with the teacher. Second one sounds better to me right now. Miles said today "I wish I was back in Henderson school Mom." It breaks my little heart. I told him there's bullies in every school. We'll just have to fix it.
I got to watch my friends' kids today, and we had so much fun. I love seeing other kids "quirkiness" and cuteness, just to re-discover my own kids "quirkiness" and cuteness again. You get used to the strange, funny little things they do. One of her boys said to me "Why does Amberlyn do that?" I hadn't even noticed what she was doing (giggling at her own funny, little joke over and over and over again). I told him that girls are just silly, and that seemed to be okay for him.
It's good to be busy. I haven't had as much time to be selfish. Having a calling is also good for that. Well, I'm going to go pray for the little bullies so they don't have to see the wrath of a mom tomorrow......kidding! I'm going to bed early tonight (can't wait any longer) while Brett's out doing some visits with Bishop. Goodnight!

3 comments:

Brian (Gus) and Kathy (Kat) said...

I know what you mean about bullies! Eli had a bully in both preschool and kindergarten. Henderson actually suspended the preschool bully, but the kindergarten bully was a little different. I was so mad at how it was handled that I had a not-so-lovely chat with the asst principal. I hope yours is handled much better!

Shelli said...

Oooh, I hate bullies. Why do kids have to be so mean sometimes. I hope you can resolve the problem, sometimes it seems like the schools really don't know how to handle these experiences (speaking from experience). Good luck, I love that you are going to go watch, you are a good mom!

3boysohmy said...

Been there done that with Kaler...This year it is a little girl that is being the bully! How sad for Miles, you will have to let me know how it all works out! Good Luck.