Tuesday, January 13, 2009

O Canada

Yes I feel a little bit gyped right now. Brett's off to, of all places, British Columbia. He's flying to Vancouver, and then to Kamloops. I understand that it's for business and not pleasure, but this morning when he asked me what little doo-dad he could bring back for me, I said, "Just the feeling up there". He looked at me with a corny response to my corny answer, and said "Um, I don't think I get that when I go up there".!
There's something about being able to go home; memories, old friends, good times. It's been almost 3 years, and i told Brett we need to get up there, or he might have a crazy wife (no comments on that one). I think I told him the same thing last year, but he doesn't want me to go by myself with the kids (rightfully so), so I'm not sure if it will happen this year either. Will would be aweful on a plane, and I don't want to make some kind person travel 1000 miles in a mini van with me!
So as I write this, he's up in the air, heading to my homeland...I'm slightly jealous!

Kamloops, BC








Castlegar, BC (where I grew up)







5 comments:

Emily Lewis said...

So nice to see you blog. You have such a cute family! I hope that everyone is feeling better. I am sad with the ward splits and time changes I don't get to "run" into you.

Brian (Gus) and Kathy (Kat) said...

Now that Brett is back...double date dinner on Saturday? I will call you!

Erin Ann said...

We could try the drive this year!?? In the fall :) Maybe Brett and Reid can go hang out for a week while we travel. I'll be done with school, and it's before the kids have to go back...see, it would be perfect!

southernbelleang said...

I would go with you, but we don't have enough seats in the van anymore. =( I think you should take Erin up on her offer. :)

Amanda said...

If I comment on my own blog, do you see it? I'm confused about the whole comment thing! Anyway, you are very nice to offer, both of you! Ang, I really appreciate you doing that with me, and since that was the last time I've been up there, I'm really glad we went, or it would have been a VERY long time since i'd been up! Erin, let's definitely think about it, and we'll see what's going on! I became a member of the AAA (not alcoholics anonymous), car help thing...I'm getting prepared!
:)