Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanks for the ride

Ha, ha, I can just hear him now, "Don't write about me...". It'll be quick Honey, I promise. December 21st, Brett and I will celebrate our 12th anniversary. I really consider myself lucky. With all the divorces, and relationship troubles going on, Brett and I have lucked out (been blessed is a better phrase). We knew each other for such a short time before we were married. We never discussed life goals. I knew he was a cowboy, but not how much of one. He knew I was stubborn, but not to the degree I am. You get my drift, we really didn't know each other before getting married. If my daughter or son came to me and said "We're getting married!", I'd probably say, "You just met!". I remember 2 weeks after the wedding, in our blue Toyota Camry, driving to live in Ruskin, FL for 3 months. There was one specific moment when I was sitting in the car next to him, thinking "I really don't know this guy...he could be taking me who-knows-where!" I got a little nervous. But I can honestly say that was the only time I ever got cold feet. On that same trip, I woke up in Tallahassee, FL with chicken pox. I did wonder if I would ever live near my mom, so someone would take care of me...he's improved over the years. I'm sure he wondered if I would ever say what I'm feeling rather then just hint at it...I've improved. We're learning. We've made compromises. We've met in the middle. Sometimes against our wills. We've had our share of disagreements. We've had the funnest times of our lives together. We've never been happier. If I could do it all over, I'd do it the same way 1000 times. It's been an amazing ride.

1 comment:

Val said...

Happy Anniversary! I love your wedding picture!