Friday, November 21, 2008

Roots

I'm hoping that this will be a journal in some sort of way, but not sure yet how it could be printed, etc. I'm going out on a limb here! I come from an amazing family. I can't do justice in writing how wonderful they are.
My parents were both born and raised in SLC, UT, and shortly after their first child was born, moved to Castlegar, British Columbia, Canada. They raised their 4 kids there, and have made a huge difference in the community--my dad, teaching at the community college for 30+ years, and my mom teaching piano lessons for nearly 40 years. They love it up there, and figure they'll stay there forever. Even though all their kids live in the States, they keep in close touch through frequent visits, and all the channels of communication these days. Wow is all I can say.


My 3 older brothers are pretty cool. They have made great lives for themselves, have wonderful families, and we have all stayed as close as we can for living far from each other. They all married above themselves (as did I). They've made huge differences in their communities--my oldest brother & his wife have 3 kids, own their own law practice (Romney Law Office), has a pig farm, & is very involved in city sports for his kids and himself; my next brother is a MD specializing in family practice, father of 9, helps anyone who needs it with housing, vehicles etc.; my 3rd brother has 4 kids, started off as a "lowly" machinist, has worked his way up to owning his own business (Romney Motion), and inventing the well known (among hunters...) "Airow Gun". They all still follow the sport they must love the most--hockey.
I fit in last, and have spent most of my pre-married/kids life working on degrees from the Royal Conservatory of Music, as well as Mount Royal College in piano performance. I love to play, and teach, and hope to do some more teaching as my kids reach the "school" stage, but I also realize it may not happen for a quite a while. My 4 kids, and their well being are what all my goals are centered around, and I'm loving every minute of it. My husband, who I'll write more about next, is most amazing, and I'm grateful every day for him.

No comments: