Miles is now a green belt in Taekwondo. He is just eating this sport up. He loves it. I don't ever have to encourage him to do better, he just does it himself. He's so cute doing it, that I just love watching him. He tells me stuff in Korean, and I just nod and smile, like I understand everything he's saying. I had parent teacher conferences, and his teacher said some very nice things about him. Always nice to hear as a mom. She said that if he wasn't a twin, that she would bump him up a grade. She said he's ready socially, and definitely academically. He's reading/comprehending at a high fourth grade level, and his math is 3rd grade level. That's a tough one to think about...do I hold him back for the sake of being a twin? If I do, I know we have to keep challenging him at home. Either way, I think he'll be successful, so I hope I don't mess this little guy up! He seems like a special one...
Morgan is thriving in everything she's doing. She's been taking piano for 9 mo. now, and is almost done her 2nd set of books. She is speedy at whatever she does. She is a faster reader, player, chore do-er, piano player, talker, .......pretty much all! Her school teacher had great things to say about her, saying she was a tender-hearted, fun girl, who learned especially well by songs, art, and stories. She enjoys her gymnastics...my only complaint there is we don't get to watch her as much as I'd like to. It's also quite a big class, so she ends up socializing more then doing gymnastics. But she has learned a lot, and loves doing it, so I guess we'll keep it up for now. She's definitely a keeper!
Amberlyn....she still cracks me up. Her little voice has not changed since she was 1 year old. I keep waiting for it to happen, but it hasn't yet, and I'm so glad. Even right now while I type, she's on the floor playing, making up a little story with her high little voice. She absolutely loves school, and I was told was the "nice" girl of the class, and she can count on her to play with anyone. When she watches a movie, if there is ever a sad part, you can count on Amberlyn crying in it. When Grandpa Weston died, she said "Stop talking about it Daddy, I'm going to start crying!" She's very loving. She and Will are buds. They like being silly with each other, dressing up, playing outside together, and dancing together. She's a sweetie.
Will.....well, Will is 2. I think that says it all. He's the happiest kid one moment, full of smiles, cute things to say, hugs and kisses, dancing, teasing, jumping, helping........and then a second later, he can be throwing himself on the floor, crying, yelling, kicking, saying "Mo" (for No), and being very ornery! It's quite funny most of the time....except when it happens in public, or at the end of a "hairy" day! But he's very smart, recognizes all his letters and numbers, likes to sing songs, jump on the trampoline, play in the dirt, eat Life cereal, wear hats, and play catch with any sort of ball. He likes wearing his cape, and calling himself "Super Will", running around, jumping, and pretending. He's gotten into liking a dolly (Brett calls it "little sister" for his own sanity), and puts her to bed, and carries her around once in a while. He's not potty trained yet...(my fault)!
Brett..., well Brett has been speaking at funerals lately... Yes, unfortunately within 1 1/2 weeks, his best friend died, and his grandpa. We went out last weekend for his friend's funeral, and we're leaving in 2 days for his grandpa's. Kind of hard...
Me, let's see, I've been doing "the usual", but also have been enjoying reading more. Now that the Olympics are done (I admit, I got pretty obsessed with them this year), my spare time has been reading more Jane Austen, and Leo Tolstoy. Anna Karenina is really great! Loving it. I'm only an 1/8th of the way through (another big one). With the funerals happening, we've had to do some rearranging, and depending on help here with the kids. I didn't want to take them out for Lynn's funeral (suicide), so we left M&M at the Hampsons, and A&W at the Harvey's. So many people offered to help, it was nice. We left Sunday morning, and got back around 11pm Monday night...quick trip. Brett did an amazing talk, and it was a great funeral despite the circumstances. This next funeral trip won't be so quick. Tuesday, we're leaving for Utah, going to the viewing that evening, and the funeral the next day. Then we're leaving for Bozeman, MT (Brett has a work conference up there, and is speaking on Thursday). After his talk, we'll take him to the airport, and he'll fly home to Denver. The kids and I will continue driving on up to Castlegar! Yeah!!! We'll stay there a week (spring break), and Brett will fly back up to Spokane, and drive back with us. He loves me...
Brett said, "Why does our life have to be so crazy?" But usually, it isn't this crazy. I admire Brett for getting through this hard time.
I'll put some new videos of the kids on. 1. Miles, Will, and Amberlyn are singing "O Me Mither and Fither" at the ward talent show. 2. Kids singing O Canada after the Olympic hockey game. 3. Morgan is playing "Russian Sailor Dance". 4. Miles testing for his green belt.
Here's some pictures:
Miles breaking a board at a TKD demo.
Amberlyn and Will dressing up.
Will with his dolly
After Canada won Olympic gold in men's hockey




1 comment:
Hey there girlie...hopefully you remember me! J/K :) You sound pretty busy I think! So happy I found your blog! Jen Evans
Post a Comment