Monday, March 30, 2009

Fun Spring Break

We've had a great week. It's been so nice having the kids home, and not being on a schedule. The kids enjoyed being together, and we got to go to some fun places - Science & Nature Museum, swimming at rec center, Lifetime Fitness (gym with a fun childcare center that they love). We also got a pile of snow, so we got to have some fun with that (tobogganing, snow forts). We've been waiting for that all winter.


I just saw the Twilight movie. I'm a fan. The music is stuck in my head, but I like it still. I thought they were good actors. I fast-forwarded through some of the "scary" parts (didn't like), but other then those, it was quite intriguing.

I've been doing some interior changes. The kitchen now has a new floor (laminate), which is so much better then our "white" vinyl floor we had. I actually don't have to sweep now...only if I want to! Ha ha. I've painted our bedroom a different color (goldish, or as the kids say "orange"). And now I'm working on my kitchen cupboards. Someone in our church had hers done, and I loved them. I hope they look okay.

Mum was here for 10 days. What a life saver. She worked like no 69 year old should ever work, and helped me get out from under the huge piles of laundry, dishes, cleaning, etc, etc, etc. She's the reason I was able to do a couple of fun things (paint, flooring). We went to the temple together while she was here, and had a couple of fun (hectic as usual) outings. The kids absolutely loved it, and hated when she had to go. Amberlyn is especially "Gram's girl", and loves every minute. They loved having someone else to read books to them, play games, and cook for them! It was so great.

Miles is now at a 3rd grade reading level. I talked to his teacher last week, and she said the possibility of moving him. She thought we should leave him where he is, and just supplement him at home, etc. I agree. He's definitely not socially advanced. Also, he can use the extra practice. They're pushing him great there, so I think for now he's set.

When I talked to Morgan's teacher about her, she said, "If all the students could be like Morgan", and then she added, "and Miles for that matter". Makes you feel good. She's just a sweetheart. Miles "loved" her hamster (Black Beauty Bella) a little too much, and killed it. Morgan was quite sad, but then said "It's okay Miles, she's up in hamster heaven. She's happier now." Miles felt so bad...they buried it in the strawberry patch (yuck), and he wrote a message on a rock by it (with a burnt stick), added a family picture, a Canada flag, and some flowers by it.

Amberlyn is learning to say her L's. It's very funny, because she does it so deliberately, and with lots of movement with her mouth, that she ends up saying about 3 L's each time. It's cute.

Will is.....well he's Will. He is such a handful right now. He wants to learn so much, and be involved in everything. And when he's not......watch out. He needs to stay busy, or he gets quite frustrated with things. He's got a bit of temper, and the kids cater to his needs, so he's learning to get his way by yelling/crying. Not good...but he still has the magical smile, and loves to make us laugh just by being himself. The best thing is when he has a shirt on, and his belly sticks out underneath. Those darn small shirts...

4 comments:

Emily Lewis said...

That is so GREAT that your mom got to come out for a while! Your kids sound like they are doing wonderful. If you ever want to do a class with Alycia and I, let us know. We would love to meet up with you! We are there almost everyday (at least Mon- Sat. )

Erin Ann said...

it sounds like things are going great!! When are we coming up to see you guys? Reid said he missed Brett when they went to lunch the other day. We miss you guys! let me know when and we'll head up!

Brian (Gus) and Kathy (Kat) said...

It sounds like you had a great time with your mom and with all the snow!

Val said...

I love that Amberlyn is in shorts out in the snow! Looks like you guys had a great spring break!