We had fun at the Denver Stock Show. It was so packed that day, so we didn't get to see a whole lot, but we did go to a rodeo. Lots of fun!

My friends and I used to kind of laugh at the "country" man idea. We thought it was silly when a girl dated them, and they wore their cowboy hats and boots! And we didn't much like the music. So when I married a cowboy, I had a couple of friends tease me, and I wondered what I was getting myself into. But, it has turned out just fine. In fact, I wouldn't have found the country girl inside of me...ha ha! I wouldn't know about a whole lot of things that I do now...some I'd rather NOT know about, but mostly all favorable. I wouldn't have driven a tractor, fed cows, raked hay, rode horses to drive cattle, camped under the stars hearing the horses munch on grass nearby, drove a truck and trailer, etc, etc. I have my own cowboy boots (yikes), & get to buy little tiny wranglers. I remember when we were first married, and lived in Brett's home town, and one of the 2 places you could get a job was the gas station. So I worked there (Brett's grandpa owned it), and I remember for a good month or longer, I couldn't understand hardly anything they said. There's a definite "lingo", that I've had to try to learn... One last thing that I would have never experienced had I never married Brett the cowboy...he is famous for his "comments" especially when I'm pregnant, or about to go into labor. Since he had to deal with pregnant cows, labor for cows (including c-sections), and all the medicine, he feels he's an expert on the subject, even if it is a different species...and doesn't mind making some comparisons. I hope one day he'll learn... But really, when it comes down to it, he's as white as a sheet when I get that long needle, & actually deliver a baby! We do agree on that.
No comments:
Post a Comment