Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Laundry Monster

http://www.firetheimagination.ca/sounds/CD318_The_Laundry_song_sample.mp3
Song by Charlotte Diamond:

"There is just one job, in my household, that never ever gets done.
And even if I start at first light of day, until the setting of the sun.
I wash and scrub, and iron and fold, my life away.
Cause there's a monster that lives in my back room, and never ever goes away.

It's the laundry, the laundry, I'm slowly going insane,
If I see another piece of laundry, I'm going to stuff it down the drain!

It has 16 arms, and 16 legs, and 8 pairs of socks that don't match,
It eats all the buttons and the underwear, and every carefully sewn on patch.
And if I dare to overload, it protests, with burps, and growls,
And then in the quiet of the middle of the night, it grows green slime upon my towels!

The laundry, the laundry, I'm doing it in my dreams
If I see another load of laundry, I know I'm going to scream!

And then last night I had a wonderful way to dispell all my fears,
Put half of the laundry in the freezer, it keeps for a hundred years,
Then I send all my children out to play to put holes in there knees and their socks,
Then the rest of the laundry just disappears, into the mending box!

The laundry, the laundry, I'm doing it in my dreams

If I see another load of laundry, I know I'm going to scream!"

My thoughts exactly...

No comments: